Already have experience of being a PA, secretary or administrator? If the answer’s yes, then you’ll find a wealth of great content and courses, aimed to give you the business acumen needed to become your own boss.
Originally founded in 2003 by Carmen MacDougall, The Virtual Assistant Coaching & Training Company (VACT) is a UK-based company, offering both face to face or distant learning programs and training to help you become a successful self employed Virtual Assistant. As a company VACT have successfully trained 1000’s of VA’s worldwide. I bought the business from Carmen on her retirement from the industry at the end of 2014, start of 2015.
So welcome, my name is Amanda Johnson and I’m a Virtual Assistant Coach, Trainer and Mentor – I say all 3 because there is a time and a place for each specific skill set and I am passionate about inspiring, challenging and supporting people who want to not only be a great VA but also have an “awesome” VA business. I launched my own successful VA business after retirement from the Royal Navy – and within 18 months was Runner Up in the VA of The Year Awards 2014 – Southern Region. My success is down to hard work and core values which underpin everything I do in business – commitment, open and clear communication, honesty, loyalty and integrity.
“Do you know what? I’m passionate about creating exceptional VA’s – I am at my happiest when I am inspiring, challenging and supporting others” (and there might be a bit of xxx kicking in there too).
Before I tell you about how I might be able to help you, let me give you a potted insight into me…
- I am a military veteran although someone did tell me recently I have softened over the past couple of years.
- I am a Wife to a great husband who is a Mortgage Consultant (and an awesome one at that).
- I am a Mum to 2 gorgeous little boys – who run me ragged – I often share their exploits as part of my business.
- I am also Mum to 2 angels – who were the catalyst in me leaving my military career and setting up my VA business.
- I am passionate about supporting people in setting up their business and in helping them succeed. I want to inspire and empower others.
- I am still running a successful VA business and I am supported by an amazing team.
- I am annoying and use the 24 hour clock when publishing information.
- I am normally found in my jeans and birkenstocks. As a VA I believe we don’t have to be a “suits” person but can adapt our styles to the clients we work with.
- I am firm believer in the #gogiver principles and recommend any business owner reads Go Giver by John David Mann and Bob Burg – its my number one business book.
- I am known for saying “Awesome” a lot!
- Finally, I am not Carmen, but for those of you who knew Carmen, you will agree with me, she was more than just a coach and trainer – she was a remarkable VA, a leading authority in our industry – and, although my style might be different to hers, I am equally passionate in sharing the vision to produce the best VA’s in the industry.
How I can help you:
- Equip you with the business mindset needed to set up and run your own successful but empowered VA business
- Give you the marketing know-how you need to find and keep customers
- Help you build a thriving business of loyal customers who value your specialist services
With 9 different core offerings available, I have exactly what you need to become a successful VA. All of the products are designed to fit around you, your current work commitments, your individual circumstances and your budget. I am creating and sharing new things regularly, so please keep an eye on the Training Pages.
If you’re not yet in a position to opt for one of our paid products, we don’t leave you high and dry. We truly do want to help everyone who wants to make the leap into the growing market available to Virtual Assistants. That is why we also offer a library of great free advice on our blog – so why not check that out here and have some great Freebies scattered throughout the site.
Whatever your reasons for wanting to take those first steps towards self-employment, whether you’re:
- At risk or are experiencing redundancy
- Tired of working for someone else and want to strike out on your own
- Excited about having a change in career
- Love your current role but want more or a challenge
- Ready to take control of your work/life balance
- Wanting to be more at home for the children
- Ready to take a leap of faith
I am are here to help make the transition a smooth one – and one that’s paced however fast or slow you’d like!
If you’re ready to take control of your career, to become a great VA and to get all the tools and help you need – [simply click below to explore your available options/arrange a free no-obligation 30 minute consultation] to see which route is best for you!
Virtual Assistant Courses:
Virtual Assistant Taster Session – Webinar
VA Help Desk
Kick Start Your VA Business
The Social Media Manager Success Plan
VA Mastery Course